Sunday, July 10, 2011

EDUCAT_GLAMZONE: Ohhh..where is my dictionary?

It is my dream to involve and be in the fashion industry. I can said that my great grandparents; good from my late father's side or from my mother's side are a fashion lover. Most in their photos they really dress-up very well and very tailored. Fashion is flows into my blood. My late grandma able to sew her own dresses including my late father's daily wear. From my mother's side,theres my grandma is a Kebaya Maker and quite famous Fashionista in her era. Even my own parents is a Fashion Lover. I don't blame myself why I so in love with Fashion..everything related with ART. Its been a great honour, I'm back to the fashion scene. Still crawling after ups and downs. I'm here but still in a learning process. I do not claim myself so amazing, famous and know everything about Fashion. I'm a great LEARNER and every second we need to learn new thing in our life.

Attention: I hope theres NO hurts feeling with this particular blog. I want say here strictly and clearly. No names and personal problems involves. This topic is GENERAL. I will write based on what I and others experienced.

It is a long time I want to share the truth in fashion world. Maybe this blog will be the 1st part. I would like to ask all of you. What is the true meaning a Fashionista/Fashionisto, a Stylista/Stylisto or a Socialite/Socialito? For me, all of them hail to one force; that is FASHION.

Fashion, what do you understand about it? I guess all of you have your own ideas or thoughts about it. I can said that, fashion is a platform where you can see,touch and show it. Fashion in another meaning; the way a person dressing-up and expressing their mood. Fashion is too SUBJECTIVE. It is a big word to explain into pieces. For me, Fashion is a history and the true persona in each person. Why? Fashion trends is keep on changing but still recycling again and again the same vibes and cuts. From fashion, we can learn the inner beauty and amazing stories in each designs or sewing techniques or HISTORY behind it. Yes, we do can relate it. Example: my grandma is a former kebaya maker. You need to understand the history and techniques then you can create something that can amazed your clients.

Fashionista/Fashionisto. Actually, theres no term for Fashionista in the dictionary. I realized this word when I started as partime fashion stylist and illustrator back in 2007 - 2008. Not all know what is the real meaning of a Fashionista/Fashionisto. Most of people easily called a person with the term of fashionista just because she or he looks very current with fashion. That is not the true meaning of a Fashionista/Fashionisto. In my dictionary and what I have observed. Fashionista/Fashionisto is a person who look very stylish and trendy. They may look different in style some which more to classic mixed with modern and some may look very funky and bubbly. The best thing about this circle; they know how to dress-up from expensive until cheap pieces into a great style. Most of them devote their daily life with clothing, shoes...everything you named it as long its related with FASHION. One more thing about a real Fashionista/Fashionisto, They don't believe in trend. Mark it into your brain. I hope you can see the differences between a Fashionista or just a person who love Fashion.

Stylista/Stylisto. What is a Stylista/Stylisto? Who? It comes from the term of Style. Style is an expression and variation on the way a person clothing. Same like the above term theres no proper meaning of Stylista/Stylisto. I say it through what I observed and experienced. A Stylista/Stylisto is someone who can create a beautiful creation or become the one knows and predict what will be the next trends. Most of Stylista is a Fashion Designer, Fashion Editor/Writer and Top Stylist. They're the one who sitting at the front row when Fashion Week comes. Be in the group, you need to be well-educated and have good experiences all about Fashion Industry.

Socialite/Socialito. Socialite/Socialite come from the word social. A person that always socializing. A Socialite/Socialito are the privileged ones. They born in the well-known family background, much easier everyone called them trust fund babies. They were the one own designer's stuffs, latest collection and they even can get specially made ONLY for them. Most of Socialite/Socialito appear in many private parties or non-profit events. I have few Socialite and Socialito friends, they are very caring and love to help others (giving back to the public). Involving in any good cause charities is a MUST for them. Yes, I do understand few of them hit the clubs every night but they do have their own JOB. In the Fashion Industry, a Socialite hold big important role. They the one who can help to promote the designer brands. Even, most of them collaboration with designers to come out something new for their fans. It is because they are the public and the crowd-maker. Eye-catcher hunger wants to know what brand are they wearing/using. One thing that special about Socialite/Socialito, they always appear either in public or at private parties look very glamorous and up scale. I wish I can be one of them..but I thank you God giving what I have now. I perfect to be simple and free. I hope with this information will help all of you that still not even have a clue what the real meaning a hit with the term.

* Photographs : Credit to Mr.Victor Blanco, Ms.Grace Taha & JEFFIE JEFF Photography.

5 comments:

  1. Good information there darl... ^_^...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Em Gee!! U've actually worked stylist slash illustrator bfore ?! You're so lucky to have the chance, to be part of fashion industry :D Love how you explain those terms & from your own eye point of view, once again Kudos! ^^" Really a good exposure to most of the ppl out there.

    XoXo

    http://pretzyness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath: Thank you darl :) Happy to know that theres a good feedback about this blog :)

    Jlo: Ya,just a partimer darl..not that so grand. But it was an interesting moment. Thank you darl. Happy to know that I explained it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWWWW !!! OMG !!! LOL !!!

    Thank God finally I meet extreme future Borneo boy fashion lover. I shall say good luck and all the best to you and wish all your dream come true boy. Keep writing and updating us about latest fashion trend and sharing the info too....:-)


    Cheers
    Ms. Littlewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.Littlewing: It's a great honour that you like my blog. I will try my best to cater my readers good stories. Keep on supporting my blog.

    ReplyDelete