Friday, July 15, 2011

AMIR LUQMAN: Beautiful WAU BULAN


MISS UNIVERSE/MALAYSIA 2011/12
: Miss Deborah Priya Henry :

NATIONAL COSTUME


Ms. Deborah in her Official National Costume for
Miss Universe 2011


It was inspired from our local beautiful Wau Bulan.
What is Wau Bulan? Maybe few my readers were not Malaysians. I do understand most of you will wonder what is that. Well, Wau Bulan is one of Malaysia's traditional game and shape like a moon.
In Malay language - Bulan means Moon. Wau is more like a big kite. Most of Kelantan Men traditionally flown it. Fabric on the wau you can see beautiful floral motifs.


I would like to congratulate my darling friend Ms. Amir Luqman. Amir dearie like always your work amazed me.
I love to see simple design but can bring good vibes with outstanding statement. I love the details,draping...everything! It's beautifully in place my dearie. But I would like to see other traditional costume become your choice. I really hoping you will use Iban Costume as your reference in future.
I will so proud and happy to see the costume. If you design it.
Amir, again..congratulation ya.

Ms. Debbie dearie,work it your best and good luck. Make Malaysia proud :)




Photo source: Miss Universe/Malaysia Facebook Fan Page. I would like giving a good credit to the photographer taking this photos very well. Sadly, Your name not stated in the FB fanpage.

2 comments:

  1. very nice... I tot you design it.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. CathJ: No lah my dearie..haha..I'm not that so talented to design this kind of costume. Its beautifully made by my darling friend. Amir Luqman is one of Malaysia's Famous Designer :)

    ReplyDelete