Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Family Vaca: Sayang Sayang KINABALU

Ohhh finally, I have time to update my blog after a busy week. I would like to expressed out loud YES! I had a good VACATION at my own place here in Sabah. Ohh yes, Sabah known as "Land Below The Wind or North Borneo". Feel good spending my precious with my grandparents, mum and of course my young brother. It was a great Kaamatan-Gawai for me when to see my grandparents had a good time. But there few moment, deeply in my heart I miss my late dad very much. For sure, If he still alive. The vacation double or maybe triple more fun like last my vacation back in 2010. Well, life must go on and yes..I continue my journey.

Back to my story, this year my family celebrating our Harvest Festival (Tadau Kaamatan & Hari Gawai) at Kundasang,Ranau. For the 1st time my grandparents from Kuching coming here in Sabah to experience my beautiful homeland. Excited like beyond words. I can't wait my grandparents arrive in Kota Kinabalu. They landed in Kota Kinabalu Terminal 2 Airport around 12:35 A.M and damn! they still look fresh and excited. Big hugs to welcoming them after tiring journey from Kuching. I hope my hugs comfy enough to cure that
jet-lag. Ting Tong here and there..it's nearly 1 A.M in the breaking dawn. Here comes my sleepy eyes. Thank you Jesus! My grandma asked me to stop by at McD drive-thru. Ohh yeah! My grandma very advance ya same with grandpa too. There we were eating our yummy burgers, french fries and chicken congee..ohh yes! supersuperSUPPER! Quite surprising that right moment. That area been entertained by stupid motorcyclists raise their engines to get attention at Shell Gas Station. Like everyone cares..Umm Bahhh!! Glad, around 10 minutes the atmosphere turns back peace.

Around 02:30 A.M, we arrived home and get a light sleep to continue the pre-vaca for tomorrow. While me? I don't have enough sleep because I have to drag myself up to attend Sunday Mass early in the morning. Saya mau berhenti ohh jadi driver ko mami..kapanatan sa ohhh :( Thank you Jesus! I have enough strength to through the day with good smile. The 1st Day quite boring honestly. It because I'm bored to go walk around in 1Borneo. Nothing special there. Not like in Kuala Lumpur. There you can find the malls filled with good stuffs. I didn't said that 1Borneo so bad. But lack of interesting vibes. Sabahan and other tourists really needs that to experience some levels of excitement. We need unique and simply WOW factor.

I'm quite sad can't entertained my grandpa very well that day. I know and he knows that jalan-jalan at any malls will be the same. I should bring him to sit down at Starbucks or maybe Secret Recipe to read his book. Urgh! I just hate it when my brain can't functioning right. Guys, do please have an enough sleep to recharge your energy so that you can move much more faster and think more sharper. Then, I decided to bring them to Tanjung Aru get the evening breezy beach feel. Everything runs smoothly. We take our light snack at 1st Beach Restaurant..ummm snack? Ohh ya lah..snack lah kononnya. Me having fried bee hoon as evening snack. That so unacceptable. Well, I move on and I don't care. I on my vacation and dieting? Sooo not in my dairy. Back to my blog. Suddenly! Sleepy army attacking me again. Ohhhh goshhhh!! There was I, mengantuk siap melelapkan mata while my grandma and mummy busy chit-chatting. On the other side of me..grandpa busy reading his book and my brother busy text messaging with his girlfriend. Nobody perasan me tertidur..LOL. Even, I had a dream I laying down on the sandy beach with my sweet bobo. Simply perfect! I need that become a reality. Ya lorrr tuueee jo! keep on dreaming!

After that, we go cruising around Prince Phillip Park to take a light evening walk. About half and hour..I speak out..mari balik saya penat ohh. Everyone agreed. Ohhh yes! there was me with my evil mind. Reached home and straightly I wash my car then off to the magical couch! take a good nap before the dinner done. Simply me. That night, I had a delightful dinner straight from Spaoh. Every meal so sarawakian without that Italian Sauges. Cooked specially for grandpa and of course for me and my brother. Thank you grandma and mummy too. Muacks! love you both. That night all of us pack our things for Kundasang Trip. There was my grandma travel with only ONE BAG!?? just a messager bag. I can't believe it. She just smile with my bag. Fully packed! kambang macam kuih pau atukoi!!

On 30th of May. Finally, the day has come. Family vaca mode: ON. I can see my grandparents really excited to go there. They wake up early 6 A.M in the morning. But there was me..lazy still not yet off from my dreamy bed. Dang! my alarm rang like super crazy. Bangun la apa lagi..terus segar bugar mata. Hilang rasa malas dan mengantuk. Around 07:50 A.M start our journey. First stop by at Kak Tini Restaurant to have our breakfast before continue the journey to Kundasang. Around 08:35 A.M, All of us make a move and continue the journey. On my way up, both of them can see clearly Mount Kinabalu. For Sabahan, It means that Aki Nabalu (sorry if giving wrong info) welcoming his guests and one of a good sign. Drive very calm that day and arrived at Pekan Nabalu 09:35 A.M. Then, we taken our brunch and take a rest. All of us manage to take few good snapshots with Mount Kinabalu.

Around 01:30 P.M, We arrived at the Kinabalu,National Park, Kundasang. Ohhh yeahhh! What a great feeling after arrived there safely. After check-in. We cruising into the park to find our lodge. Nepenthes Lodges. Beyond words..totally a beautiful place. Yes, It is a great place for honey moon and vacation with the family. This place surround with green trees and colourful wild flowers. I feel very peace and relax when I arrived. Worth every penny you spend. My mum did arrange to visit Timpohon Hunt late that evening to see the view. I think that is not a good idea at the moment. From afar I can see thick clouds on the way. Well, that is mum's plan. I'm ok with it. Still I play around with the fog all around me. Ohh God! I'm acting like I still a 4 year old kid.

Nepenthes Lodges View : My mum & grandma take a look around the resort.

Later that night, all of us out to Liwagu Restaurant for dinner. The atmosphere that night totally foggy and very cold. Nearly 17-18`C. Bukan apa pigi luar negara sini pun ada bah. Comment about the restaurant. The service very good. But I do hope that big menu book adding many new recipes for future variety. I didn't it is bad but we need more improvement. The restaurant need a place where tourists can have entertainment (eg. Karaoke or Local Live Band). Overall, everything was okey & yummy.

                                                   at Liwagu Restaurant

                                      
Back from the restaurant all of us crawling to find bed.  Including me, I must say it was a tiring day. Quite funny. Me and grandpa managed to watch glee before go to bed. 31st of May, It was 6 A.M in the morning. First thing I realized that the whole room feel totally cold like damn freezing cold. I woke up and straight to the veranda. The atmosphere so fresh. I totally speechless and the only thing I do to breathe in and out for sure enjoy the surrounding views. I experience a great time staying at this resort. I even don't bother to continue read my books. While everyone not yet wake up. I spend my time surfing through the internet where great places a tourist should visit at Kundasang. I get few good information. I know my grandparents loves all about history. Why not Kundasang War Memorial?  after that take a good bath at Poring Hot Spring,Ranau. Ohh that's perfect!

For 1st time, My family & I visited this place. Kundasang War Memorial. MUST GO HERE!

You should read the article on the board If you manage to visit this place.

Part of the history

Can you see what I see. Hail to the Queen ~

Sabah Boleh BAhhh!!!

I simply loves all the gardens at this place. Totally brings the english feel.

 + May all your souls rest in peace +

Poring Hot Spring,Ranau! Yes! Grandpa & grandma already mark their steps here. All the way from Kuching. One thing that quite sad the place fully packed! No space..so,my mum & I decided to rent a private room. Apa lagi..kami buat la hot bubble bath..hahaha. I totally enjoy that afternoon.

  Evening snapshot with Mount Kinabalu for the last time. Tomorrow will be back to KK.
Family Snapshot
Our last day and special breakfast at National Park. Thank you so much for the best service.

Kundasang Vegetable Market. Bah! Jom beli sayur kita!

Uooohhhhuuuuuu...Strawberry! Royal Honey too!

Traffic Jam in Kundasang?

After long 1 hour and half drive. I stop by at Salut for Coconut Enjoyment. Well, If you come to Sabah. You must try at this place. Salut, Jalan Gayang,Tuaran. Nearly 25 minutes from city center (Kota Kinabalu). You may experienced fresh and delicious coconut by local. Above: My grandma having Kelapa Bakar or Coconut cook using charcoal. One of Salut's specialty. MUST TRY!

Well, for grandpa having young cold coconut. 

2nd of June: Quite sad day for me to see my grandparents going back to Kuching. But I had a great time with them. Hoping next year they can come and experience another great adventure in Sabah. Can't wait for the next vaca with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment